Here are the general rules that apply to all classes of racing in snocross.
Safety and protection clothing:
- Functional safety switch (kill-switch)
- Tekvest type safety jacket or equivalent
- Safety goggles or visorSnocross, motocross, snowboard, or other high ankle boots
- Hood with visible or bright colors; orange, red, yellow, etc
- The helmet must be primarily flame orange or international orange.
- More than 50% of its entire exterior surface must be orange.
- Bib number visible in the back
- Bib number visible on each side of the snowmobile
Depending on the main category you are registered in, your number plates must be according to this color chart.
Discipline behaviours and violations
All athletes are subject to disciplinary action for violations of these rules in accordance with the SCMX and ISR rules. Penalties may include suspensions, fines, penalty points, disqualification or any combination of the above. The character of the penalty is determined by the degree of the infraction and its overall effect on the safety and good reputation of snocross racing. The following infractions are subject to the penalties set out below.
- Threatening to injure or injure an official, an athlete, a team member, etc.
- Using offensive or derogatory vulgar language towards an official, an athlete, a team member, etc.
- Race without a snowmobile hood
- Racing with modified Bib number without SCMX agreement
- Race without a Bib number or identified clothing (exception: beginner category, 120cc and 200 cc).
- Receiving unauthorized assistance.
- Harassing race officials in any way.
- Voluntarily stopping a race.
- Unsafe driving tactics.
- Failing to stop for a technical inspection after the race.
- Not using proper safety equipment.
- Allowing unregistered athlete to drive their snowmobiles on the track during a practice lap or during the race. ex: mechanic
Movement in the paddock and starting area:
- Reasonable and safe speeds are mandatory in the paddock and starting area
- No snowmobile testing, calibration or diagnostics involving speed will be tolerated
- Wearing a safety helmet is mandatory on all moving vehicles including service ATVs and motos
- The driver of the vehicle must be secured to the kill switch